Hello friends! Let us take a break from creating awesome nail art designs and give some attention to the health of our nails. This will help us create more beautiful designs on them in the long run.
Creative Nails would like to share a few simple tips for your beautiful nails:
1) Always use a good branded nail polish. It may be a bit costly but it will stay on the nails for a longer period of time. Cheaper polishes may stain your nails. Use a branded nail polish remover like LAKME, REVLON, MAYBELLINE COLOR SHOW and STREETWEAR. DAZZLER is a good option if you are looking out for a low cost alternative.
2) Creative Nails strongly recommends Acetone-Free removers. When inhaled in high concentrations, Acetone acts as a central nervous system depressant, slowing down vital functions like heartbeat, respiration and metabolism. Acetone can cause adverse side effects, such as:
• Irritation of the throat and nasal passages
• Nausea and vomiting
• Damage to the eyes
3) Nail polish removers will dry your nails. So my personal suggestion is to pamper your nails with little oil after each use of the remover.
4) Apply some oil on your nails daily before going to bed. This will keep your nails healthy and help you in reducing discoloration caused due to the overuse of nail polish.
5) Use a base coat of clear nail polish before you apply your favorite color. It will help in protecting your nails from yellow-nail-syndrome. Yellowed nails can be caused by nail fungus, smoking or an underlying medical problem. Excessive use of nail polish without a base coat can also be a major cause for this problem.
6) Don’t keep the same nail polish on your nails for more than 3 to 4 days. It may discolor your nails.
7) Let your nails go naked periodically. Though your nails are made of dead layers of keratin, uncover them whenever possible, to keep them strong and healthy.
8) Keep your nails clean and dry to protect from breakage and fungus.
9) Consult your doctor or dermatologist if you notice:
• Changes in nail color, such as discoloration of the entire nail or a dark streak under the nail
• Changes in nail shape such as curled nails
• Thinning or thickening of the nails
• Separation of the nail from the surrounding skin
• Bleeding around the nails
• Swelling or pain around the nails